Whether gift shopping for someone who already has it all, so what the heck can you get him/her, or looking for something different to give this year, having options that are personal and unique can come in mighty handy.
- Hot air balloon ride
- Cooking class
- Day at the spa
- Theater tickets
- Photography class
- Whitewater rafting
- Tickets to a gallery opening at a local museum
- Wine tasting
Anticipating a recipient’s need and paying for it is a terrific way to say "happy holiday!" It proves you’re thinking considering ways to make someone’s life easier rather than taking a stab at something you're not sure they'll like or need.
- a full car detail
- a few hours of housecleaning or baby sitting
- a lawn or pool servicing
- a home or office organizing service
- a mani/pedi
Whether it’s to a magazine or daily newspaper, or a monthly item connected to a passion they have, subscription services can suit any budget and offer recipients something to look forward to year 'round.
The majority of these services offer gift subscriptions at a variety of price points, so you can choose the number of months your recipient receives something to meet your spending preferences.
- Beauty-Obsessed: Ipsy, $10 per month
- Fitness Friend: JackedPack, $10 per month
- Moms: Box Me Mommy, $21 per month
- The Crafty: Darby Smart, $12 per month
- Dog Lover: Paws and Play, $15 per month
- The Foodie: Goody Gorilla, $15 per month
Another gift that keeps on giving. Gifting a membership means your recipient gets access to certain perks, usually for a year.
- Amazon Prime
- Costco or BJ's
- Fitness center
- for friends with kids/grandkids, a membership to a local children’s museum
A personal touch might mean the difference between just another gift and something truly meaningful. When you give something that is engraved, embroidered, or otherwise designed specifically for your recipient, you prove that you’ve put a little extra thought and effort into finding the perfect gift.
And, it doesn’t even need to be big or expensive.
- A key chain stamped with all of the important dates for their family, like anniversaries and birthdays.
- A leather journal or day planner embossed with your recipient’s name
- Apiece of jewelry with they're initial
...many of which can be surprisingly inexpensive...less than $50; stores like Marshall's and Ross sell many items in this category at a steep discount.
Start with your recipient's favorite things to do for relaxation and then come up with a few little luxuries would make this even more enjoyable.
- a mink-soft blanket with a DVD and a tin of popcorn for a night in
- slipper socks wrapped with a few fun treats along with a pedicure set.
- A down-filled pillow for the nap-obsessed
- a fragrance sample box for a luxury brand-loving friend
- a soft scarf for a family member who’s perpetually cold
- bath pillow and salts
You have been officially alerted....