And we feel confident that our smart, savvy listeners living in FL think they know the basics of hurricane preparedness....Ah, but you don't.
We know you've never been fully apprised of the Boomer Guide to Hurricane Preparedness. So, exclusive to Boomer Nation! listeners, here it is; follow to the letter:
Have plenty of liquids to get your through those after-storm days without electricity
- Concentrate on fully stocking the most important area for liquids: the bar
- Stock up on plenty of water to ensure that your cocktail glasses can be cleaned and reused (also very eco-friendly…this is important to us)
- Buy your mixers in the big bottles which can then be used as outdoor port-o-potties for those who can no longer stand up
a. olives for your martini’s
b. nuts, pretzels, chips, and other necessary cocktail go-withs
c. beef jerky…hey, young whippersnappers have no idea how good this is simmered on a charcoal grill with
a little white wine!
As the hardy generation we are, for those of you who may choose to ride out the storm in your home no matter how bad the forecast, how to explain your decision to the kids…
- Category 3? Oh puuulllease! (include a good eye-roll here; kids get that)
- Category 4? We’ve handled worse babysitting the grandkids...
- Category 5? Hey, if Bank of America wants the house, we’ll help mother nature “prepare it” for them
a. announce the “hurricane aftermath party” well in advance
b. invite those really cute neighbors from across the street to “hunker down” with you, “riding out” the
storm together – Bob, Carol, Ted, Alice…move over!
Bottom line… We Boomers know how to make the best of a bad situation! Something our kids can learn from us…for predicaments like, oh, when it’s time for them to retire and there’s nothing left in the SS fund… Remember kids; you can handle anything as long as you have a fully stocked bar & a good relationship with your neighbors!
You have been officially alerted....